Food Service

Food Service

Carter County School Nutrition will offer breakfast and lunch to all students at no cost during the 2021-2022 school year through the USDA extension of SSO waiver. Even though meals will be free, it is still encouraged for students at CHS, HHS, HVHS, UHS, Siam, and CCOA to complete an Application for Free and Reduced Priced School Meals. By completing and qualifying for NSLP free/reduced meals, your student may potentially be eligible for future P-EBT benefits or other discount related programs. You may find an application in your student's enrollment packet or Skyward Online Registration. All elementary schools participate in the Community Eligibility Provision and do not require a Free/Reduced Meal Application. The Carter County School Nutrition Department will be accepting Application for Free and Reduced Priced School Meals beginning in July, 2021. Please contact our office at 423-547-2917 if you have any questions.

Carter County Schools


Meal Prices

Central Elem., Cloudland Elem., Hampton Elem., Happy Valley Elem., Happy Valley Middle, Hunter, Keenburg, Little Milligan, Unaka Elem., and Valley Forge:

(Participate in CEP)

Breakfast - No Charge

Lunch - No Charge

Cloudland High, Hampton High, Happy Valley High, Unaka High, Siam, & CCOA:

(NSLP - Process Applications)


Breakfast - No Charge!

Lunch - No Charge!


Meal Prices

Breakfast - $2.00

Lunch - $3.00


Meal Prices

Breakfast - $2.25

Lunch - $3.25

Lindsey Feathers

Director of School Nutrition


Diana Duncan

Administrative Assistant


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.